There are many android applications that we use on our smartphones these days and a lot of us would really like to use those same apps on our Windows or Mac personal computers. If you fall under this same category then wonder no more, because Bluestacks will give you just the opportunity to install and use your favourite android applications on your Windows and Mac computers even faster than the mobile devices.
- 1 Bluestacks App Player
- 2 Features of Bluestacks
- 3 How to Download Bluestacks for PC Windows
- 4 How to Download Bluestacks for Mac
- 5 How to Install APKs on Bluestacks
- 6 How to Install Games on Bluestacks
- 7 F.A.Q
- 8 Conclusion
Bluestacks App Player
So, what then is this Bluestacks I am talking about? Well, for those of you are might be hearing about it for the first time, Bluestacks is an Android Emulator or App Player developed by an American tech company with the same name. This company also built some added cloud-based multi-platform products and services that work with it. What Bluestacks actually does, is it gives you the users that leverage to be able to run android applications on Windows and Mac Operating Systems.
The app is easy to download and install as software for both Windows and Mac operating systems. Once installed, the app creates a virtual Android operating system within the Windows and Mac environment making it possible to install APKs on your computers. The biggest advantage of using Bluestacks 4 is the fact that you can enjoy the key features of cross-platform apps with more functions for free.
I have been enjoying my favourite mobile games on my Mac and it is faster and better on the bigger screen. So, if you want six times faster performance, access to Google Play Store and over 1.4 million applications all on your Windows and Mac without any compatibility challenges, follow this step by step guide.
Features of Bluestacks
Bluestacks comes with a lot of great features that you will definitely enjoy. When I first installed the software on my Mac computer, it did really well in terms of performance while playing “Need For Speed”. Check out some of the features associated with this awesome android emulator app.
- It has intuitive keymapping which lets you set controls on your keyboard, gamepad or mouse.
- Sleek User-Interface with easy navigation.
- It offers 6x faster performance than the fastest mobile smartphone with better graphics.
- It runs on Android N (7.1.2).
- Enjoy add-ons like Quests, Bluestacks Store and more.
- Play 3 games at once from different Google Play Accounts using the Bluestacks Multi-instance feature.
- You can play Pro games by converting Bluestacks store items into points.
- Enjoy over 1.4 million games, over 500 thousand flash games and stream videos on Facebook and Twitch.
How to Download Bluestacks for PC Windows
I must say before you start the download and installation process, you have to make sure that your Windows PC is compatible and meets the following requirements to avoid any issues as you proceed.
System Requirement for Windows
|Operating System:||Windows XP, 7, 8/8.1, 10|
|Processor:||Intel or AMD|
|RAM & Disk space:||2GB RAM & 4GB Disk space|
How to Install Bluestacks on PC Windows
- First of all, Download Bluestacks from the above link and once it is finished, double click on bluestacks.exe setup file from your download folder.
- You will get a popup warning you about the new software installation. Click “Run” to proceed with the installation.
- Grant the software administrator rights after file extraction are finished, so Bluestacks can work without issues on your PC.
- Accept the user license by ticking the small box at the bottom right of the Bluestacks installation window and click “Install Now”. You will also see an option to customize Bluestacks before you hit Install Now if you want to.
- Your installation will start immediately, so you have to wait a few minutes depending on your computer’s specifications for it to finish.
- Click “Complete” when the installation is completed to close the installation window.
- Bluestacks will automatically launch itself and it will take a while to setup on the first-time startup.
- You will be prompted to create a Google account or login if you already have an existing one, once the first-time initial setup is completed.
- Once you are signed in to your Google account in Bluestacks, make sure to grant it all permissions to Google Play Store so it can be connected. This will enable you to search and install apps directly on your PC from there.
If you followed these steps carefully, it means you have successfully installed Bluestacks on your Windows PC without issues.
How to Download Bluestacks for Mac
If you are wondering whether it would be easy to install Bluestacks emulator on your Mac operating system, well, wonder no more. You can install this application software but you first of all need to make sure your Mac computer meets the following minimum requirements to run it smoothly.
System Requirement for Mac OS
|Operating System:||Mac OS Sierra (10.12)
High Sierra (10.13)
|RAM & Disk space:||4GB RAM & 4GB Disk space|
How to Install Bluestacks on Mac OS
- Go to your download folder and double-click bluestacks.dmg file after the download.
- Bluestacks installer will then be verified by your Mac OS. Once the verification is done, you will get a “Are you sure you want to Open it” prompt.
- Click “Open” to proceed.
- Then click “Install Now” in the installation window.
- Enter your password when you get the prompt saying “Bluestacks is trying to install a new helper tool” to proceed.
- Wait for it to load on your Mac computer which may take some minutes.
- You will get another prompt saying “System Extention Blocked”. Click the “Open Security Privacy” option.
- Then “Security & Privacy” settings will popup. Click “Allow” at the bottom right to continue the installation which will take some extra minutes.
- Launch Bluestacks once the installation is completed and start enjoying your favourite android apps on your Mac.
How to Install APKs on Bluestacks
Installing APKs on Bluestacks is different from installing games from the Google Play Store. To do this, you first of all need to have the APK file downloaded on your computer. This is especially useful when you want to install third-party apps that are not available on Google’s Play Store. Below are the steps to install APK files from your Windows PC or Mac on Bluestacks.
- Launch Bluestacks and make sure “Home” is highlighted, then click “My Apps” at the top left corner of the Bluestacks window.
- At the bottom-right corner of the Bluestacks window, click “Install APK”. This will open a File Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac).
- Go to the location or folder where the APK file you want to install is located and click the APK file to select it.
- Then click “Open” at the bottom-right corner of the File Explorer window. This will start installing the app immediately.
- Once the installation is completed, you will see the app’s icon on the “My Apps” tab. Click on it to open the app.
How to Install Games on Bluestacks
Installing games that are available on the Google Play Store is different from the method of installing third-party apps on Bluestacks. The following steps will work you through this method.
- Open Bluestacks and click “My Apps” tab in the Home screen at the upper-left corner.
- Click “System App” in the top right side of the My Apps page. This folder contains stock Bluestacksapps.
- Click “Google Play” with the triangular multi-colored icon which will open Google Play Store.
- Right on top, you will see the search bar text box. Click on it and type the name of the game you want to install and hit enter.
- From the results, click the game you searched for and click the green install button.
- Depending on the app, you might be prompted to accept some terms. Click Accept.
- Once the installation is completed, you will see “Open” click on it to launch the app. Or you can alternatively launch the app from My Apps page by clicking the app’s icon.
Is Bluestacks Free Software?
Yes! Bluestacks is totally free to download and install on Windows and Mac OS.
Can I stream on Bluestacks?
Is it possible to transfer files from Bluestack to PC/Mac and Vice Versa?
Of course, you can transfer files from your Windows/Mac to Bluestacks and vice versa by going to the My Apps tab>More Apps>Media manager>Import from Windows or Export to Windows. Refer to this guide for more details.
How do I check and install BlueStacks updates?
You can check for the latest Bluestacks updates by clicking on the gear icon at the bottom left>About>Check for updates>download.
Bluestacks App Player is one excellent application software that was created to solve a seriously challenging problem among Android users. This emulator converts your Windows and Mac computers into an Android environment where you will be able to run .apk files effortlessly.
It even runs apps faster with better graphics than mobile devices and has a lot of amazing features as well. If you are a mobile gaming enthusiast or user of some mobile apps that you would prefer on a bigger screen, then Bluestacks is your solution.
I hope this article has helped you to successfully download and install this software on your Windows and Mac to enjoy your favourite android apps.